Updated as at 02.24.21.
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We will never share your personal information with any third party, but because we may gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
The private information you provide on the Website will be used only for its intended purpose.
By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described hereinafter.
As a general rule, the Website does not collect personal information about you when you visit the Website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting personal information through the Website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving the Website your permission to use the information for the stated purpose. However, not providing certain information may result in the Websites’ inability to provide you with the Services.
If you choose to provide us with personal information on the Website, through methods such as submitting information through our Website, giving the Website a call and/or sending an email, we may use that information to help us provide you with information and/or service(s) (collectively referred to as (“the Services”)).
We may also use the personal information to respond to any of your message(s) and/or feedback(s). The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting the Website.
Collection of Personal Information
By using the Website and its functions, you may provide basic information such as, including but not limited to, your name, phone number, address and email address which allows us to send information, provide updates and/or process the type of Services you so desire.
If you sign up with the Website and/or purchase services through the Website, we may also collect, inter alia, billing and credit card information.
If you leave a comment on the Website, you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me“, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the Website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on the Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Website encourages you to review the privacy statements of other Websites you choose to visit from the Website, so that you can understand how those Websites collect, use and share your information (“Third-Party Websites”). The Website is not responsible for the privacy statements or other contents on the Third-Party Websites.
The Nature of Personal Information We Collect
Personal information we collect which you may provide to us includes, inter alia:
- ‘Identifying information’ (i.e. name and date).
As a general rule, you have the right not to provide the foregoing information when dealing with the Website and/or when we provide the Services to you. However, not providing certain information may result in the, inter alia, inability to provide you with the Services.
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyse this information because it helps us to better design the Website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat.
The information includes, inter alia:
- The internet domain name from which you access our Website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
- The internet protocol (“IP”) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the internet) from which you access our Website;
- The type of browser used to access our Website;
- The operating system used to access our Website;
- The date and time you access our Website;
- The Universal Resource Locators (“URLs”) or address of the pages you visit;
- Your username, if it was used to log in to the Website; and
- If you visited this Website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
Compliance with Google Advertising Policy
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We Use Google AdSense Advertising on Our Website
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting.
- Demographics and Interests Reporting.
- DoubleClick Platform Integration.
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out of Google Advertising
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
A ‘cookie’ is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the Website that provided it, and no other Website can request it. There are two types of cookies:
- ‘Session’: Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site.
- ‘Persistent’: Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still browse the site freely.
How Does Our Site Handle Do Not Track Signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does Our Site Allow Third Party Behavioral Tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third party behavioral tracking.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Website collects and uses your personal information to operate the Website and deliver the Services.
The Website does not sell, rent or lease its customer list to third parties.
The Website may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of, including but not limited to, third parties about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (i.e. email, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party.
The Website may share data between/with, inter alia, the third parties to help perform statistical analysis send you email, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these Services to the Website and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Website may keep track of the Website and pages our users visit within the Website, in order to determine what the Website services are the most popular. The data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the Website to customers whose behavior indicates they are interested in a particular subject area.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Personal information may be disclosed and/or supplied between the third parties. When personal information is disclosed and/or supplied between the third parties all terms and conditions contained herein shall have effect for the purpose of protecting your personal information.
Compliance with legal requirements for the enforcement of law, regulations, court orders, subpoena, warrant during the course of a legal proceedings or otherwise may render our need to disclose personal information.
Personal information may also be used to protect and safeguard the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, intellectual property rights or safety of the Website.
Security of Your Personal Information
The Website secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
We use an SSL certificate.
- We use an SSL but: We do not collect sensitive information like Credit Card Numbers or any type of Financial information from our website visitors. We do not plan to setup a shopping portal on our website. This is an affiliate website and you can read our Affiliate Disclosure for more information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Website does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Website and/or Services.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
The Website respects your privacy and gives you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving information in respect of the Services by contacting us here.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence. You can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Effective as of 02.24.21.